Job Description Outline: Pollen Editorial Assistant
The Pollen Editorial Assistant is responsible for working with the Managing Editor to coordinate and implement the publishing of Pollen twice a month on the Pollen website. This position prepares all submitted content for review by the Managing Editor, Lars, and Paper Darts. She/he will also work with contributing writers to edit and develop cutting-edge feature articles and ensure the publishing schedule stays on track.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree (or working towards) in journalism, communications, English, or related field.
• Interest and passion for creative and business communities Pollen serves
• Superior writing and editing skills
• Some web content management experience (some HTML knowledge beneficial)
• Social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
• Ability to manage relationships and work effectively with internal and external constituents
• Publication design knowledge and layout skills (preferred, not required)
• Coordinate and manage online postings for Pollen
• Organize submitted content for final review
• Manage the production of feature articles from contributing volunteer writers
• Create editorial calendar for feature articles
• Write select features occasionally
• Contribute to social media strategy and delivery
• Estimated 10-15 hours a week
• Four month commitment
• Reports to Paper Darts
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Editorial Assistant" in the subject line.